I was informed today that my blog was one of many to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award. I have to admit, I was extremely excited, and the teeniest bit proud of myself, when I received the news. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cecile’s writers for passing this award on to me.
Four very unique individuals form the Cecile’s writers group: Cecile, Samir, Sofia and Vanessa. They are a group of English language writers with a goal of starting up a literary magazine – Cecile’s Writer’s Magazine. Their blog consists of their own personal stories encompassing their joys, struggles, experiences, thoughts and musings. They are sure to keep you entertained and interested, so I definitely recommend you visit their blog.
Now, as is the tradition of the Kreativ Blogger Award, I have been asked to mention ten things you may (or may not) know about me. Here goes:
- I am of Palestinian origin, born and raised in Abu Dhabi, UAE – with a UAE nationality.
- I am Queen of Procrastination.
- Chocolate’s my guilty pleasure (Nutella especially)
- I have unhealthy eating habits.
- I can salsa dance – approximately five years now.
- I have a terrible singing voice. I only sing when I know I can’t be heard (i.e. alone or when the music’s playing really loudly)
- I spend way too much time on my computer.
- I hate the smell of vanilla (especially perfumes, lotions etc.)
- I obsess with reading and books. I have over 600 books at home (a lot of them packed into boxes due to space restrictions), I keep a list of all the books I have so I can keep track of them, and I categorize them and shelf them alphabetically.
- And finally – I sometimes get teary-eyed when I watch people on talent shows the likes of American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance because I am at once overjoyed for them, moved by their talent and jealous of them – I know, I’m sad. Sigh.
Now that’s out of the way, I am required to pass on this award to six blogs that I feel are deserving of the title. So here it goes, and in no particular order:
- Leaf of Light: this particular blogger is an inspiration to me as a writer. Imaginative, creative, honest, and inventive. A fantastic read every time.
- A Palestinian Dreamer: a cause close to my heart. An inspirational and informative blog about Palestine.
- Doctor Quack: if you like random then here’s the person for you. Posts that can revolve around anything and everything, they’ll get you laughing, cringing, ooh-ing and aah-ing.
- Lens and Pens by Sally: they say a picture’s worth a thousand words – this blog proves it.
- The Heart of Art: an artist’s blog for all those interested in art. You need inspiration? Visit this blog.
- Postcard Fiction: a blogger who decided to experiment and create a spot for literary exploration in fifty words or less.
Finally, if you accept this award, please find the details below on how to proceed:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Acknowledge the nominator.
- List ten things about yourself that readers probably don’t know.
- Pass the award along by nominating six other blogs you enjoy reading.